Apples are probably one of my favorite fruits. And they’re in season!
We would like to thank Nadia from Nad’s Healthy Kitchen for sharing this recipe with us. 🙂
1/4 cup (60 ml) of almond or soy milk
3 tbsp (about 37 g) quark or (low fat/ 0% fat greek yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract (or some honey)
2 tbsp (25 g) stevia/sugar
2 egg whites
3 tbsp (17 g) oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sliced almonds
2 tbsp (25 g) quark (or low fat or 0% fat Greek yogurt)
1 tsp all natural honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, stevia sugar and egg whites into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well to a smooth consistency. Add the oats and baking powder, stir again.
2. Lay out a small round cake mold with parchment paper and add the yogurt mixture to the cake mold.
3. Cut the apple in half, take out the seeds and cut into thin slices. Also peel 1/2 a mango and cut into thin slices as well.
4. Add the apple and mango slices on top of the batter the way you want to.
5. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the fruit and put into the oven at 180ºC (350ºF) for about 30 minutes. the top should be golden brown.
6. Mix the yogurt with the honey and vanilla extract and put into the fridge. take the cake out of the oven, let cool for a bit, slice up and eat with the honey yogurt. enjoy!
Checkout Nadia’s other recipes: